Monday, November 15, 2010

WhatsApp, What's Up

I never thought that I will love this app so much~


WhatsApp is a chat application originally on IPhone, which let you keep in touch with your friends by sending free messages.  Comparing to many apps with similar functions on the current market, the distinguishing feature is that it uses phone numbers to target users.  This means that you don't need to sign up to get an account at the beginning, and then spend a lot of time asking your friends for their account names/numbers.  After installing WhatsApp on your phone, it automatically checks your contact.  If your friends use this app on their phone, you immediately see their name appear on the contact list of WhatsApp.  Now, you can start to enjoy the fun of unlimited messages with your family or friends.





For my personal experience, the best is that I can send free messages with my international friends, even with a lot of photos and videos.  Now Selene uses this app a lot, and more importantly, EASILY to send Linus' pictures and videos any time to her brother's iPhone in Taiwan, without the time-consuming process of taking photos using camera, uploading to the computer, and sending those photos with more complicated message software. 

This app is also available for Android and Blackberry now.  Even better is that it is free for these systems for the 1st year.  Definitely will recommend that every mobile user gets this app on their phones (at least I truly hope that most of my friends can get this app so I can cut my cell bill and make my life easier and more fun :D)

No comments: