Friday, February 4, 2011

How to sync your iphone contact with your Facebook account

One of the things that I like about my android is that it syncs with the contacts in both of my Google and Facebook accounts (and also my other social apps).  I heard this can also be done on iphone.  But when I tried on one of my friend's iphone tonight, somehow I just couldn't figure out how to do it.

As usual, my best friend, Google, gave me the answer.  For the information of someone who may also have the similar issue, hopefully this article can be helpful.


First, you need to download the Facebook app from itune store.  Open the app.  Go to "Friends", and click on "Sync" (the button on the top right).


In the screen above, turn "Syncing" on, and decide if you would like to replace your friends' photos using their facebook profile pictures.  After downloading, YAHOO!!  Now all your friends' contact information in your iphone have their Facebook profile pictures and the links added.

(Photo Source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13515_3-10427058-26.html)

Please note that only those who are originally in your iphone's contact will be updated with their Facebook information (recognized if they have the same email account).  So don't need to worry that all of your Facebook's names will be imported to your phone (sometimes we all add someone we don't really know on our Facebook :P). 
Enjoy!!!

No comments: